About the Organisation
Established in 1978, Broome Regional Aboriginal Medical Service (BRAMS) was the first remote Aboriginal Medical Service Provider in Western Australia. Committed to the core principles of Aboriginal self-determination, access, equity, empowerment, and reconciliation, we are an Aboriginal community-owned and controlled health service provider that provides holistic, culturally appropriate curative services and integrated preventative programs.
With a robust governance structure and comprehensive strategic plan, we continue to grow and expand our offerings to ensure it can achieve its vision of Healthy People, Strong Communities, and Bright Futures.
We have recently expanded our services and became an Aged Care provider and are on the hunt for a passionate Registered Nurse to join a dedicated new team in Broome on a full-time basis and make a real difference in the lives of elderly Indigenous Australians.
At BRAMS, we pride ourselves on delivering quality evidence-based care in a holistic and culturally sensitive way, and our people are at the heart of the work we do. You will be working with a team and in a dynamic, fun, and well-supported organisation. This is your chance to make a real difference while working in the beautiful West Coast of Australia
An Opportunity with a Difference
Reporting to the Aged Care Services Manager, you will primarily provide nursing care and support to aged care patients in the BRAMS Aged Care Services, including the Transition Care Program, to meet patients’ health and wellbeing needs at home and in the community, following a hospital stay. You will also work alongside the Transition Care Program’s multi-disciplinary team to ensure patients and families’ medical and health needs are identified, appropriate care/support plans are developed, and relevant supports and services are in place.
- Service delivery: in partnership with the General Practitioner and members of the multi-disciplinary team, you will oversee the case management, coordination, and delivery of health services to our Aged Care patients.
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship manager: communicate professionally to deliver quality care to patients and their families and maintain effective networks within and outside the organisation.
- Administration and compliance: maintain secure and accurate electronic records following organisational and relevant legislation.
- Quality management system: contribute to the team’s performance and ensure BRAMS continues to deliver the best service to the community in line with program-specific accreditations and ISO9001 standards.
- Aboriginal ways of working: demonstrate a personal understanding of working with Aboriginal clients, staff, and communities.
What you will bring to the team
We are looking for a Registered Nurse with current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Ideally, you will also have previous experience working as an Aged Care Nurse and have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the principles of primary health care as applied to clinical service provision. Although not essential, previous experience working in an Aboriginal community Controlled Organisation is highly desirable.
To be successful, you will be a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse who genuinely cares about people, is a team player and has the desire to make a real difference, however big or small that may be. Moreover, you will be flexible and adapt to changing situations.
In this role, you will develop and maintain relationships with many stakeholders inside BRAMS and the broader community. These include patients, family members and other community members. As such, you will be an avid communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Please note: you will be required to complete a National Police Check, a Working with Children’s Check and a pre-employment medical assessment. You will also be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
About the Benefits
This is a unique and rewarding opportunity to provide a wide variety of vital healthcare services to remote Indigenous communities and help to close the gap in Aboriginal health.
In this role, you will receive an attractive salary package circa $96,401.96 – $102,277.93 (commensurate with your skills and experience) PLUS super and generous salary packaging up to $15,000.
Additional benefits include:
- Annual airfare allowance, plus dependents;
- Six weeks annual leave;
- 17.5% leave loading, on up to 6 weeks annual leave;
- Accommodation assistance via 3rd party lease on the property of your choice; and
- Relocation assistance up to $5,000
It’s a fantastic time to join the team at BRAMS amid several exciting changes. You will become an integral part of the local community in an environment that recognises and rewards hard work.
There are opportunities for leadership development, quality improvement, clinical governance, administration, specific disease-related clinics, school programmes, Aged and Palliative care, and more. You will be supported to grow and pursue any specialities in these areas or other areas of interest to you.
Our people tell us that our values ring true to why they enjoy working with us and why we are their employer of choice. Our values are:
- Respect: Treat one another and others with respect.
- Integrity: Be truthful, honest, and ethical in dealing with one another and others.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for what we do and the decisions we make.
- Quality: Provide high-quality services that meet the expectations of our clients and the community.
With a rich history and extraordinary natural landscape, Broome is synonymous with the turquoise waters, red pindan soil and white sandy beaches that have drawn visitors from across the globe. You can sail, snorkel, or dive in their pristine waters, spot rare dolphins from their wide empty beaches, or adventure through the nearby ancient gorges to marvel at the vast untouched landscapes that make Broome genuinely unique.
However, there’s a lot more to Broome than just tourism – with solid population growth and significant investment in infrastructure, it’s quickly becoming a destination of choice for families and individuals who want to take advantage of the area’s welcoming and laid-back lifestyle whilst enjoying all the amenities and facilities of a modern town.
If you are a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse looking to take the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you – Apply Now!
Closes Tuesday 4th January 2022.
For any further information, please contact Melanie Prewett via email email@example.com or phone 0436032168