A wonderful opportunity to make a difference in a rewarding job, while enjoying the laidback lifestyle of the beautiful Kimberley.
- Make a difference in the local community
- Generous employee benefits and salary packaging
- Positive and passionate workplace
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave
- Air Fare after 12 month continues employment
- $72,304.23 | Full-Time
Broome Regional Aboriginal Medical Service (BRAMS) delivers a wide range of health and wellbeing services to more than 6500 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Broome region.
We take pride in providing a friendly and supportive workplace with generous salary packaging, access to a range of leave (including study leave), and opportunities for career advancement.
Our Aged and Disability Program is growing rapidly. Comprised of multidisciplinary teams which deliver community-based care, the service provides NDIS, TCP, Home Care Packages and psychosocial support – partnering with consumers, carers and familied and other service providers to deliver high-quality assessments, case management and therapeutic interventions.
About the Role
The Aged and Disability Support Worker is responsible for the provision of person centred support services that empower people with disability and frail aged people to achieve their potential and live the life they choose. This involves undertaking a broad range of duties which range from personal care to management of household tasks which includes administrative functions.
To be successful, you will:
- Have demonstrated experience or understanding of health and wellbeing issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Have the ability to work with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences; and
- Be passionate about working with the local Aboriginal community to improve quality of life
Candidates for the position of Aged and Disability Support Worker must address the following selection criteria:
- Minimum Certificate III qualification in Aged Care / Community Services / Disability Services or related fields or equivalent experience in a relevant sector.
- Demonstrated experience or understanding of health and wellbeing issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, including a demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history.
- Demonstrated computers skills, including the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Personal organisation skills including time management and ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Commitment to using a human rights based, person centred approach in working with consumers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others as part of a team and contribute to team goals.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a friendly team that is passionate about making a difference in the local community. Apply today!
For more information relating this position please contact Bianca Ternes via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes 4:30pm Thursday 8 June 2023 – We reserve the right to close off this position before the closing date should we have a suitable applicant pool.