About the Opportunity:
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community? Broome Regional Aboriginal Medical Service (BRAMS) is seeking an enthusiastic Human Resources Officer to provide high level support, guidance and advice to all levels of the organisation in managing their human resources needs with particular focus on recruitment, performance management, grievance resolution and staff development in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
The Broome Regional Aboriginal Medical Service (BRAMS) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service which has been caring for the Broome community for more than 40 years. When we first opened our doors in 1978, BRAMS was the first remote Aboriginal Medical Service in Western Australia.
BRAMS provides comprehensive, holistic and culturally responsive primary health care, social and emotional wellbeing services, and NDIS support to Aboriginal people living in Broome. BRAMS delivers more than 40,000 occasions of service each year. BRAMS delivers services in accordance with our Model of Care.
Our mission is to provide holistic and culturally responsive health and wellbeing services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People. That means making our Mob healthy.
Some of your key tasks will include:
- Coordinating the end-to-end recruitment of new employees.
- Liaising with managers to organise the short-listing and interviewing of candidates.
- Ensuring new employees have undergone the required employment screening processes.
- Preparing employment contracts for CEO approval.
- Preparing employment documentation for successful applicants.
- Maintaining and updating employee files on our HR system
- Supporting the onboarding and orientation process for new employees.
- Providing human resource support to facilitate the resolution of grievances and performance management concerns.
- Assisting with staff development and the annual review process.
- Coordinating employee learning and development activities.
- Providing advice and guidance on human resource policies, procedures and processes.
What You Will Bring to the Team:
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Certificate IV in Human Resource Management, or willingness to complete within 12 months of employment.
- Demonstrated experience in a human resources related field (minimum 3-5 years).
- Ability to interpret organisational policies and procedures and relevant legislation.
- Understanding of general human resources including recruitment, rehabilitation, performance management and grievance functions.
- Be able to plan and prioritise own work, to take responsibility and utilise initiative for delivering work activities and projects in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on information.
- Effective written and oral communication and time management skills.
- Ability to contribute to the ongoing process of continual improvement and effective team work.
Employees are required to demonstrate that they have undergone appropriate employment screening in accordance with BRAMS Employment Screening Policy, including:
- National Police Check
- Working With Children Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Aged Care Key Personnel Check
- Identification Check
- Qualification verification check
- Drivers License Verification Check
- Influenza Vaccine
- Pre-employment medical assessment
About the Benefits:
In addition to a rewarding role and great place to work, you will enjoy an attractive remuneration package, including:
- Base salary of $85,000 – $95,000
- Professional development opportunities, so you can sharpen your skills and broaden your horizons during your time with us
- Five weeks annual leave
- Annual airfare allowance so you can journey home or visit family
Ready to Apply:
Join our vibrant and dedicated team and make a real difference in the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and please outline your experience and interest in this position.
For any inquiries or to obtain a copy of the position description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org